TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Vegan Festival welcomes both businesses that exclusively sell vegan items and organisations that promote a vegan lifestyle.
- Vegetarian businesses that bring only vegan items to the event are allowed to participate but will be considered as second preference.
- If your business sells any animal products, you are welcome to apply but your business will be given the least preference.
- Stall holders must commit to two days.
- Stall holders application open 1 March - 30 June. ($50 discount on payments prior to 31 July, Regular fees apply to payments made 1-31 August)
No Animal Testing Ethic
Vegan Festival promotes a genuine no animal testing ethic. All products for sale at Vegan Festival must be Choose Cruelty Free (CCF) certified. We will be happy to discuss alternatives, such as if you
- run a small home business; or
- are in the process of gaining CCF certification.
Please see Choose Cruelty Free for more information
Only Vegan Products at Vegan Festival
Our event patrons trust us that all products at the event will be vegan. We feel a responsibility to ensure that this takes place.
Our Team will do a Site Inspection on Saturday morning before the gates are open to make sure no non-vegan products are displayed. Vegan Festival does not allow any products containing any animal derived ingredients in items such as foods, general consumables and/or that have animal ingredients involved in the production process. Please make sure that your products meet the strict definition of “vegan”.
Below is a list of common ingredients of animal origin that vegans avoid (this is not a complete list).
- All meat and meat by-products (including fish, chicken, shellfish, etc.)
- Dairy (milk, cheese, butter, cream, etc.)
- Tallow (tallowate)
- Lecithin derived from egg (soy derived is ok)
- Vitamin D3 (Vitamin D2 is vegan)
- Albumen (albumin)
- Cochineal (120)
- Any bee products: Honey, Royal Jelly, Bee pollen, Beeswax
- Shellac (confectioner’s glaze, 904)
- Leather, wool, animal skins & hair/fur, feathers, shells
- Animal bristle (in combs/toothbrushes, etc.)
- Alcohol where fish or egg has been used in the production process
- Sugar where animal by-products have been used in the production process
Vegan Festival is aiming to become a zero waste event. In order to reduce our environmental impact, we now require all food stalls to use tableware that is made from recycled/renewable materials AND is compostable. Please see VF Recommended Compostable Packaging Information . You can bring reusable tableware and wash them however plastic plates and cutlery are NOT permitted at Vegan Festival. Please see more details about our Green Policy.
Refrigeration & Cool Rooms
There is no refrigeration on site. However, you will need to bring your own and/or you can hire a cool room and share the cost of it with other stall holders. Vegan Festival does not hire cool rooms. Due to limited space/venue we are able to accommodate only 6 cool rooms. Cool rooms will need to be delivered and set up on Friday morning between the hours of 8am and 12noon. We will not charge you extra for the space however we will require an additional payment of $50 for extra power access.
Our electrician will need to plan the event’s power requirements well in advance. If your stall needs anything more than a laptop or EFTPOS terminal, we’ll need to know your precise power requirements, e.g. Total kW or Amp draw, 240V, 3-phase.
- It’s your responsibility to check the condition and power draw of your appliances and equipment.
- Appliances/equipment that trip the circuit breakers due to faults or higher than advised power draw will be disconnected.
- Electrical items not tagged will be tagged and tested at a cost of $10 per item by the onside electrician on Friday during set-up. Please advise us of this prior.
On-site parking & driving policy
- There is no parking on site. Please check the available car parks around the venue prior to the event so you are well prepared.
- Vehicles are NOT allowed to drive on the grass (council requirement) and those that will drive on the grass will be banned from attending the following year.
- Drivers must follow strict instructions from our VF Traffic Controllers. Those who fail to obey, will be banned from attending the following year.
Stall Bump-In & Set-Up
- Vegan Festival is a 2-day event this year with opening hours Saturday 10am-9pm and Sunday 10am-4pm
- You are expected to setup on Friday 27 October 2017. That includes your infrastructure and stock. There will be overnight security onsite and site will be fenced off.
- Times of set-up on Friday will be emailed to you prior to the event so you can be prepared and organise necessary staff. We will have a few volunteers onsite to help stallholders with unloading your vehicles.
- You will have limited time to set up - please make sure you come on time, unload and leave as soon as possible.
- All stalls must be set-up one prior to the event start.
Please ensure your stall’s trestle tables are covered by cloth for maximum presentation. No bare tables will be accepted.
You can place large signs of your business/organisation:
- at the front of your table providing they do not obstruct other stalls; or
- on an A-frame in front of your stall;
- inside your site - on the wall or sites (preferable)
- on/above your stall - banner attached to the front top marquee (preferable).
- Signage must not block public thoroughfares, obstruct next-door stall or emergency exits.
- All other items and storage boxes should be stored under your table, or covered neatly.
- If a VF team member believes you have breached any stall design terms you’ll be asked to fix the problem.
- Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of your stall and any associated costs.
- No disturbing photos or graphic pictures please. That includes photos on other means - laptops, tables, projectors etc. nothing showing mistreatment of animals. Display of such material is a breach of stall design terms. You’ll be asked to remove the material unless agreed by prior consultation. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of your stall and any associated costs and you may be banned from attending in the future.
- Pre-arranged Educational stallholders must liaise with VF committee to ensure explicit material is kept well inside the marquee and adequate warning signage is placed on the outside of your area.
- Vegan Festival is a family friendly event, with many children in attendance.
Stall Bump-Out & Pack-Up
- Pack up starts at 4:30pm on Sunday night 29 October 2017.
- You cannot pack up until all general public have left the venue. Packing up early reflects poorly on the event and the business.
- You can walk items to your vehicle in the car park at 4pm but you cannot drive your vehicle to the square until 4:30pm.
- You can also pack up on the Monday 30 October 2017 between 8am-12noon. Please advise VF staff and security prior.
Occupational, Health and Safety
- Safety high visibility should be worn at all times during set-up and pack-up
- If you require help to set-up or pack-up Vegan Festival team members are happy to help. Just ask one for a hand!
First Aid will be on-site during the festival. If you need medical assistance report directly to Security Team or VF Info Booth team member who will help you. Site Map will be available online closer to the day.
Alcohol & Smoking
- Our event permit this year will include a separate Vegan alcoholic beverage zone. This will be closely monitored by security with a 60 person capacity at anytime. Drinks must be consumed within the zone only.
- Vegan Festival is a smoke-free event.
- All food vendors must meet the criteria outlined under the Food Act 2001, which controls the sale of food in SA, and the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code.
- Where food is provided, the food business must comply with the requirements of the Food Act and Regulations, and the Food Standards Code. Food businesses are required to notify their local council of their contact details, the nature of their business and their address. Vegan Festival will be providing Adelaide City Council with your details for that purpose.
- If you fail to meet any criteria outlined in either the Act or the Code it may result in forfeiture of your stall and associated costs.
- More information on Food Safety can be found on SA Health website.
- Any food vendors that use LP Gas or provide hot water must have a fire blanket and a suitable portable extinguisher, displaying either an ESV Compliance plate or an Interstate equivalent.
- Fire blankets and extinguishers must be available and immediately accessible in the case of an emergency.
- Personnel who may be need to use fire protection must be correctly trained to do so.
- Gas bottles must have a compliance plate issued by ESV, or recognised by ESV, securely fixed and placed in an accessible location on mobile catering vehicles or relocatable kitchens. If the compliance plate is not affixed you will be refused entry to the event.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- No alcohol, glass containers, high back chairs, fundraising, animals (except guide and assistant dogs) can be brought into the venue. Bags will be inspected by security upon entry.
- No busking/performing without prior permission from the Event Manager
- No flyering/pamphletting
- No person shall interfere with plants, water fixtures, or any other installation within the venue.
- The Event manager takes no responsibility for lost or damaged property.
- Vegan Festival is an all-weather event and will go ahead rain or shine.
- The Event Manager reserves the right to change the line-up/program without notice
- Refunds will not be given for line up alterations/changes.
- The Event Manager reserves the right to refuse entry. Refunds will not be given to those who are refused entry to the venue.
- Vegan Festival asks for a $5 entry fee each day.
- Children under 12 are admitted free when accompanied by a ticketed, responsible adult.
- Carers admitted free upon presentation of Companion Card, disabled facilities are available.
- V.I.P. Breakfast event is charged separately.
- Stall holders will be allocated 3 free entry passes each.
Please view the stall rates via http://veganfestival.info/stall-holders/ and complete the application form before 30 June to be considered for the 2017 event.
Applications are open from 1 March until 30 June with decisions on stalls announced mid July.
Your stall space will not be confirmed until the invoice is paid in full by the due date.
- $50 Discount applies to payments received by 31 July 2017 4pm
- Regular rates fully payment must be made between 1 August to 30 August 4pm Adelaide Time to be included in the 2017 Vegan Festival Adelaide
To receive a discount rate you must pay your fees by the 31 July otherwise you will be re-invoiced with the next round prices.
Invoices will be sent out after decisions are made and stall holders will have 14 calendar days to make a payment.
- Food Stall - $700 + $100 refundable cleaning fee
- Drink Stall - $600 + $100 refundable cleaning fee
- Retail / Services Stall - $500
- Not for Profit with sales - $350
- Not for Profit display only - $200
- All Vendors must pay a $50 Power Access surcharge.
- If required, tagging and testing electrical items and equipment will be charged on the day at about $5-10 per item by out onsite electrician.
- Power access outlet surcharge $20 each.
- Trestle table: $20
- Chair: $10
- Marquee $225
- Weights for your marquee $25 (4 weights)
- Cleaning charge - a fully refundable fee of $100 will be included in each stall fee. Floor coverage is recommended. Only stall holders who will leave their stall dirty (oil marks/stains) or severely damage the grass will not be refunded. Cleaning fees of approximately $1000 were charged to the Vegan Festival Adelaide in previous years due to damage caused by stall holders. Before and After photographs will be take of each stall and provided to ACC staff on inspection.
We understand that circumstances may arise that prevent you from attending Vegan Festival.
- Cancellation by 31 July 2017: 90% of amount refunded
- Cancellation by 31 August 2017: 50% of amount refunded
- Cancellation after 1 September 2017: No refund given
If you haven’t paid your invoice by the event date and do not attend you must still pay the invoice in full. Failure to pay may result in you being refused future participation and further action.
Payment can be made directly to the Vegan Festival bank account. ABN 37611984108
BSB: 065 004
Account: 1095 9098
Vegan Festival / GIVE Foundation Limited respects and values the privacy of our customers and we are committed to protecting your personal information. All information provided is kept confidential and is collected by a secure database not accessible to the public.
When required by law to disclose personal information, Vegan Festival complies as is appropriate.
For further information:
Call the GIVE Foundation on 1300 00 GIVE or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further festival information please visit the FAQ section of the Vegan Festival website.