Clif Bar PlayZone
Veganism is for all, and children are our future. To demonstrate that being vegan does not exist in isolation, the Kids Zone offers the chance to meet vegans from a dynamic range of walks in life. The Kids Zone also offers activities to entertain children and adults alike, including a giant imagination playground, craft and a kids cooking demonstration.
Alicia Case is a local Adelaide actor / voice over artist who has trained locally at Adelaide College of the Arts as well as the prestigious Stella Adler Acting Studio in NYC. Alicia is an avid animal lover and vegan who has previously worked on the Storyville program an Equity Foundation initiative; reading stories in schools to students with socio-economic disadvantage and/or schools where for a majority of students, English is a second language. Alicia is very excited to bring together her storytelling talents and her vegan values as part of the 2018 Adelaide Vegan Festival through her workshop 'VEGETALES!'.
Zac Bird's Cooking with Kids
Zac Bird is a home cook who loves to create food that is fatty, indulgent, and all the things people think vegan food shouldn't be. He started an Instagram account in order to surround himself with more cruelty free food and fell in love with engaging the community and creating things to share. Since then, he's operated a pop-up ice-cream shop, worked with brands to introduce their vegan products, given food demonstrations, and had his recipes shared around the world. He loves anything deep fried and gluttonous and is most happy in his kitchen with some funky music playing. You can find him anywhere delicious vegan food is served or being talked about.
Music, recycling, and sustainability with Junkyard Beats
In the hands of Junkyard Beats, ordinary household items are transformed into musical instruments that create a toe-tapping, electric atmosphere that makes you want to get up and move. Participants learn basic body percussion skills and how to perform rhythms using a range of tools such as melody pipes, broom sticks, plastic bins, drums and more! We also teach people how to transform junk and recycle materials into musical instruments.
Chess with Alan Goldsmith
Alan Goldsmith plays wildly exciting chess and has had many games published in books and magazines. He has been a leading chess player and teacher in South Australia for many years and was State Champion in 2016, his fourth State Championship win. He has been writing the Sunday Mail chess column for over 30 years and been the President of the SA Junior Chess League for over 20 years. His business, Knights & Bytes, involves teaching chess in about 20 schools and designing and supporting databases for all manner of businesses and institutions.
Expressionism, Creativity, and Colour with The Walking Creative
James has been most known for his vibrant colours and diversity of unconventional art works with a modern urban style. James has done murals in Adelaide, worked on various projects for clientele, custom clothing and whilst he is not painting he also digitally designs artwork in his unique style. His workshop will comprise of teaching children the number of ways on how they can be creative, feel inspired and express themselves.
Plant Powered Kids
They say that children are our future, and going by how many compassionate kids there are today, the future looks Vegan! Join some amazing vegans in our Kidzone. Hear stories about coping being a vegan kid in a non-vegan world, how you can support animal rights from an early age - from putting stickers on your books to attending activist events and everything in between. Find out about tasty vegan foods and how important it can be to find vegan kids just like you to hang out with!
Our vegan kid ambassadors:
- This little guy is going to change the world. Meet the micro-vegan, Harleigh, at the Plant Powered Kids ! workshop as he shows you how easy it is to help keep Australia clean by doing street cleans and to show you how easy it is to recycle. Passionate vegan for the animals and the environment, the future is looking great in his hands!
- "Hi! I’m Harry, I’m going to be talking about all the fantastic animal sanctuaries in Adelaide run by some passionate vegans and also give you all ideas on how you can help them. " @_harrythevegan
- Bailey is a 16 year old vegan activist who is passionate about ending dolphin captivity especially here in Australia. Bailey is passionate about all animal rights issues and focuses his speeches about why dolphin captivity is cruel and what we all can do to end it. @warriorforanimalson Instagram.
- #macthevegankid found his voice through activism. He will chat about the many different ways you can stand up for the animals. From placing stickers on your books, wearing vegan merch, running an Instagram page, your food choices, helping at sanctuaries and attending events. All activism matters. All lives matter. #govegan
- Vegan_Brooklyn wants to share with festival goers the reasons we should all use cruelty free beauty products. There are so many make up options available to the compassionate vegan. There's beauty in truth x
- Jayde loves animals! This brave young vegan is going to share why she went vegan and all the bullying that has happened because of her decision to cause the least harm she could to our planet and its creatures. #Jayde_vegan will show other kids to overcome bullying and ideas of how to deal with some of the things that can come a vegans way.
- Snacktivism - activism through snacks! Yes, it is a thing! #jorjathevegankid scouts supermarkets, cafes & restaurants for great vegan food. There are more and more vegan options out there and Jorja will talk to us about some of her favourites and how not to be afraid to stand up for your beliefs when it comes to food.