Terms & Conditions, Payment, and Privacy
Please read this document fully and carefully to make sure you comply with the Vegan Festival Adelaide standards and are fully aware of how the Festival will work.
Stall Holder Terms & Conditions
- Vegan Festival Adelaide welcomes both businesses that exclusively sell vegan items and organisations that promote a vegan lifestyle.
- Vegetarian businesses that bring only vegan items to the event are allowed to participate but will be considered as second preference.
- If your business sells any animal products, you are welcome to apply but your business will be given the least preference.
- Stall holders must commit to the full weekend.
- Stalls will have the option of closing at 8pm on Saturday, however attendees will be on site until 9pm. Stall holders are encouraged to join the festivities on the Main Stage at this time and avoid stock movement in the Square.
Only Vegan Products at Vegan Festival Adelaide
Our event patrons trust us that all products at the event will be vegan. We feel a responsibility to ensure that this takes place.
Vegan Festival Adelaide does not allow any products containing any animal derived ingredients or that have animal products involved in the production process. Our Team will do a site inspection on Saturday morning before the gates are open to make sure no non-vegan products are displayed.
Below is a list of common ingredients of animal origin that vegans avoid (this is not a complete list).
- All meat and meat by-products (including fish, chicken, shellfish, etc.)
- Dairy (milk, cheese, butter, cream, etc.)
- Tallow (tallowate)
- Lecithin derived from egg (soy derived is ok)
- Vitamin D3 (Vitamin D2 is vegan)
- Albumen (albumin)
- Cochineal (120)
- Any bee products: Honey, Royal Jelly, Bee pollen, Beeswax
- Shellac (confectioner’s glaze, 904)
- Leather, wool, animal skins & hair/fur, feathers, shells
- Animal bristle (in combs/toothbrushes, etc.)
- Alcohol where fish or egg has been used in the production process
- Sugar where animal by-products have been used in the production process
No Animal Testing
Vegan Festival Adelaide promotes a no animal testing ethic. All products for sale at Vegan Festival Adelaide must be Choose Cruelty Free (CCF) certified. We will be happy to discuss alternatives, such as if you
- run a small home business; or
- are in the process of gaining CCF certification.
Please see Choose Cruelty Free for more information
Vegan Festival Adelaide is aiming to become a zero waste event. In order to reduce our environmental impact, we now require all food stalls to use tableware that is made from recycled/renewable materials AND is compostable. You can bring reusable tableware and wash them. However plastic bottles, plates, and cutlery are NOT permitted at Vegan Festival Adelaide.
Our electrician will need to plan the event’s electric requirements well in advance. We’ll need to know your precise electricity requirements, e.g. Total kW or Amp draw, 240V, 3-phase.
- It’s your responsibility to check the condition and draw of your appliances and equipment.
- Appliances/equipment that trip the circuit breakers due to faults or higher than advised draw will be disconnected.
- Electrical items not tagged will be tagged and tested at a cost of $10 per item by the onside electrician on Friday during set-up. Please advise us of this prior.
Refrigeration & Cool Rooms
Space for and in Cool Rooms is extremely limited. If you require refrigeration during the weekend you must include details within your application. Small refrigerators may be used within the stall space but the electricity requirements must be noted in your application and will be subject to the electricity surcharge ($50 for one outlet, $20 for each additional outlet).
On-site parking & driving policy
- There is no parking on site. Please check the available car parks around the venue prior to the event so you are well prepared.
- Vehicles are NOT allowed to drive on the grass (City of Adelaide (Council) requirement) and those that will drive on the grass will be banned from attending the following year.
- Drivers must follow strict instructions from our Festival Traffic Controllers. Those who fail to obey, will be banned from attending the following year.
Please ensure your stall’s trestle tables are covered by cloth for maximum presentation. No bare tables will be accepted.
You can place large signs of your business/organisation:
- at the front of your table providing they do not obstruct other stalls; or
- on an A-frame in front of your stall (must be weighted);
- inside your site - on the wall or sites (preferable)
- on/above your stall - banner attached to the front top marquee (preferable).
- Signage must not block public thoroughfares, obstruct next-door stall or emergency exits.
- All other items and storage boxes should be stored under your table, or covered neatly.
- If a Festival team member believes you have breached any stall design terms you’ll be asked to fix the problem.
- Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of your stall and any associated costs.
- Pre-arranged Educational stallholders must liaise with Festival committee to ensure explicit material is kept well inside the marquee and adequate warning signage is placed on the outside of your area.
- No disturbing photos or graphic pictures please. That includes photos on other means - laptops, tables, projectors etc. nothing showing mistreatment of animals. Display of such material is a breach of stall design terms. You’ll be asked to remove the material unless agreed by prior consultation. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of your stall and any associated costs and you may be banned from attending in the future.
- Vegan Festival is a family friendly event, with many children in attendance.
Stall Bump-In & Set-Up
- Vegan Festival Adelaide is a 2-day event this year with opening hours Saturday 10am-9pm and Sunday 10am-4pm
- You are expected to setup on Friday 26 October 2018. That includes your infrastructure and stock. There will be overnight security onsite and site will be fenced off.
- Times of set-up on Friday will be emailed to you prior to the event so you can be prepared and organise necessary staff. We will have volunteers onsite to help stallholders with unloading your vehicles.
- You will have limited time to set up - please make sure you come on time, unload and leave as soon as possible.
- All stalls must be set-up prior to the event start.
Stall Bump-Out & Pack-Up
- Pack up starts at 4:00pm on Sunday 28 October 2018.
- Vehicles will be allowed onsite from 4:45pm
- You cannot pack up until all general public have left the venue. Packing up early reflects poorly on the event and the business.
- You can also pack up on the Monday 30 October 2017 between 8am-12noon. Please advise Festival staff and security by 31 August.
Occupational Health and Safety
- Safety high visibility should be worn at all times during set-up and pack-up
- If you require help to set-up or pack-up Vegan Festival Adelaide team members are happy to help. Just ask one for a hand!
First Aid will be on-site during the festival. If you need medical assistance report directly to Security Team or VFA Info Booth team member who will help you. Site Map will be available online closer to the day.
Alcohol & Smoking
- Our event permit this year will include a separate Vegan alcoholic beverage zone. This will be closely monitored by security with a 60 person capacity at anytime. Drinks must be consumed within the zone only.
- Vegan Festival Adelaide is a smoke-free event.
- All food vendors must meet the criteria outlined under the Food Act 2001, which controls the sale of food in SA, and the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code.
- Where food is provided, the food business must comply with the requirements of the Food Act and Regulations, and the Food Standards Code.
- Food businesses are required to notify their local council of their contact details, the nature of their business and their address. Vegan Festival Adelaide will be providing City of Adelaide (Council) with your details for this purpose.
- If you fail to meet any criteria outlined in either the Act or the Code it may result in forfeiture of your stall and associated costs.
- More information on Food Safety can be found on SA Health website.
- Any food vendors that use LP Gas or provide hot water must have a fire blanket and a suitable portable extinguisher, displaying either an ESV Compliance plate or an Interstate equivalent.
- Fire blankets and extinguishers must be available and immediately accessible in the case of an emergency.
- Personnel who may be need to use fire protection must be correctly trained to do so.
- Gas bottles must have a compliance plate issued by ESV, or recognised by ESV, securely fixed and placed in an accessible location on mobile catering vehicles or relocatable kitchens. If the compliance plate is not affixed you will be refused entry to the event.
Other Terms and Conditions
- No alcohol, glass containers, high back chairs, fundraising, can be brought into the venue. Bags will be inspected by security upon entry.
- No busking/performing without prior permission from the Event Manager
- No flyering/pamphletting
- No person shall interfere with plants, water fixtures, or any other installation within the venue.
- The Event manager takes no responsibility for lost or damaged property.
- Vegan Festival Adelaide is an all-weather event and will go ahead rain or shine.
- The Event Manager reserves the right to change the line-up/programme without notice
- Refunds will not be given for line up alterations/changes.
- The Event Manager reserves the right to refuse entry. Refunds will not be given to those who are refused entry to the venue.
Please view the stall rates via http://veganfestival.info/stall-holders/ and complete the application form before 30 June to be considered for the 2017 event.
Applications are open from 1 March until 30 June with decisions on stalls announced mid July.
Your stall space will not be confirmed until the invoice is paid in full by the due date.
- Food and Drink Stall – ($800 Regular or $700 Early Bird)
- Drink Stall only – ($700 Regular or $600 Early Bird)
- Licensed Bar – Only 2 available – ($1200 Regular or $1100 Early Bird)
- Retail / Merchandise / Services – ($600 Regular or $500 Early Bird)
- Not For Profit with Sale – ($400 Regular or $300 Early Bird)
- Not for Profit with Display and Donation Box – ($350 Regular or $250 Early Bird)
Prices are for stall space only, throughout the Festival weekend. Additional costs may be incurred depending on infrastructure requirements. Early bird rates apply to all payments received by 31 July 2018. Invoices will be sent out after decisions are made.
- Electricity: $50 for one outlet, $20 for each additional outlet.
- Tagging and testing of electrical equipment (if required): $10.
- Trestle table: $20
- Chair: $10
- Marquee and weights: $230
- Weights only: $25 (4 weights)
- Cleaning charge - a fully refundable fee of $60 will be included in each Food and/or drink stall fee. Floor coverage is recommended for all stalls. Only stall holders who will leave their stall dirty (oil marks/stains) or severely damage the grass will not be refunded. Before and After photographs will be take of each stall and provided to ACC staff on inspection.
We understand that circumstances may arise that prevent you from attending Vegan Festival Adelaide.
- Cancellation by 31 August: 50% of amount refunded
- Cancellation after 1 September: No refund given
If you haven’t paid your invoice by the event date and do not attend you must still pay the invoice in full. Failure to pay may result in you being refused future participation and further action.
Vegan Festival Adelaide respects and values the privacy of our customers and we are committed to protecting your personal information. All information provided is kept confidential and is collected by a secure database not accessible to the public.
When required by law to disclose personal information, Vegan Festival Adelaide complies as is appropriate.
As this is a public event, photographers and media will be on site and broadcasting throughout the weekend.
For further information: Email email@example.com